While we are in the middle of a global pandemic, home security becomes even more important and if you have yet to review your home security, perhaps now is the time to take a look at what security measures you have in place. Here are a few ways that you can beef up the security around your property.
- Security Doors – Of course, your front and back door provide an entry point to the property and with the best security doors in Rockingham only a phone call away, you can have made to measure security doors installed. It is pointless having locks on the windows if the doors have seen better days and a seasoned burglar can make short work of gaining entry through an old timber door.
- Video Surveillance – Many Australian homeowners feel that CCTV is the best deterrent to the opportunist thief and for under $1,000, you can install a few cameras to monitor the perimeters of your property. Make sure you install the cameras in locations that are prominent, which will send out the right message to any would-be intruder.
- Locks on the Windows – If you have already replaced your timber windows with UPVC double glazed units, they would have individual locks on each opening, but if you have yet to replace your windows, you can buy locks, or call in the local locksmith, who provides domestic security services. Prior to leaving home, make sure that all the windows are locked, especially ground floor windows.
- Motion Sensor Exterior Lighting – If you have motion sensors fitted to your exterior lighting, should someone approach the property, the lights will automatically come on and any intruder will think that the property is occupied. This will also provide safe illumination when you are walking in your garden at night, possibly saving you from a nasty tumble.
- Keyless Access Control Systems – The future is here with keypad access and if you contact your local locksmith, they would be able to supply and install a keyless access control system which means you no longer require keys to access your home. If every family member has their own password, this will allow access at any time and you can never be locked out, unless you happen to forget your password.
The above are just a few of the ways that you can improve the security of your home and if you walk around your home, look for ways that a burglar might gain access and talk to a home security specialist.